A balanced diet is essential during pregnancy. You are pregnant, you are hungry, and the temptation is strong to plunge your hand into the bag of biscuits. Before giving in, however, be aware that during the first trimester, the pregnant woman really needs only 100 extra calories a day. This is equivalent to a small apple, not a handful of snacks.
Why Healthy & Hygienic Food Choices should be preferred?
Every day it is important to give your baby everything he needs to grow. Expectant mothers need to boost their intake of iron, protein, zinc and folic acid. “ These nutrients all help to” build “the baby, contributing to the production of blood, tissue, and placenta”- says Dr. Mona Dahiya, an expert IVF specialist & diet consultant at the top IVF clinic in Delhi NCR
What Food Items are Better to Consume During Pregnancy?
In short, for your food choices to be profitable for you and your baby, take a prenatal supplement and choose from the following foods. Here is the list of foods items to be promoted in your diet plan during your pregnancy.
- Dry Fruits & Nuts: The nuts are heavily stuffed with iron, zinc, and protein. Even consuming a small handful of nuts a day is enough. So, we do not abuse it because they are also high in calories. Zinc is a trace mineral essential for baby’s growth and metabolism. These are memory boosting foods and help in the development of child’s brain and eyes during initial days. They also reduce the chances of premature or pre-term delivery of the baby. They can be great choices as the replacement of unhealthy snacks. They also reduce the chances of heart diseases and balance blood sugar level.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: These are the rich source of anti-oxidants and essential nutrients required for the pregnant ladies and for the babies. The consumption of green leafy vegetables provides calcium, fiber, potassium, Vitamin A, and folate. Vitamin A is significant for vision and bone growth of the baby.
- Milk & Dairy Products: Dairy items are indispensable food items as they provide calcium, vitamin D (which helps in the absorption of calcium) and proteins. “It’s important to meet your calcium needs because your baby is getting what they need on our reserves,” says expert IVF specialist at the top IVF clinic in Delhi NCR, as it contributes to the formation of baby’s bones and teeth. They also lower the chances of under-weight and preterm babies. These food items enhance the production of hormones and enzymes and fight infection.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is full of protein fiber and Vitamin B6. Eating a bowl of oatmeal or whole grains for breakfast is a healthy way to start the day. It provides a good source of energy and also contains fibers which reduce symptoms of constipation during pregnancy. This can be the ideal breakfast for pregnant women.
- Eggs: A significant source of protein for pregnant women. It contains all the essential amino acids needed by pregnant women. They are highly filled with nutrients which supports the baby’s overall growth and brain health while preventing the chances of neural tube defects.
- Avocados: Avocados are the rich source of folate which is crucial in the early development of the baby. It also contained higher amounts of several nutrients such as fiber, monounsaturated fats and lighted-soluble antioxidants which have all been linked to improvements in maternal health and in breast milk quality.
- Beans: Beans provide a myriad of health benefits. They are great sources of protein, iron, fiber folate, calcium and especially zinc which lowers the risk of preterm birth, underweight child, and prolonged labor. They are highly beneficial for mothers and babies due to the nutrients that are found in them it as it also gives significant effect on developing good genes for the baby.
- Oranges: Oranges are the rich sources of Vitamin C that supports the immune system during pregnancy. Pregnant women require at least 85 mg of Vitamin C per day. If not consumed according to the recommended amount, vitamin C may impair the brain development in the baby; hence, it is best to include this food during pregnancy.
- Banana: Banana is a rich source of calcium, potassium, iron, Vitamin B6, folic acid and many other essential nutrients. Folic acid is essential for the development of nerves, brain spinal cord of your growing fetus.
- Pomegranate: Pomegranate is full of several nutrients like fiber, iron and Vitamin C which will help you and your unborn baby through the pregnancy. Being the potassium-rich food item, it will help prevent and even ease cramps, which are quite common during pregnancy. Also, pomegranate juice is a great way to hydrate your body and to satiate your craving for something sweet while you are pregnant.
These were some of the best food choices for the pregnant woman, which helps in keeping them healthy and enhances the child-growth in the fetus. If you are facing problems in conceiving a child, consult the expert IVF specialist at Little Angel IVF Fertility Clinic, the top IVF clinic in Delhi NCR. Call at +91 96542 00023 for the appointment or put your query on http://www.littleangelivf.com/